Table of Contents
Remember a couple of years ago when pundits warned that blogging was dead? Turns out they were very wrong and blogging is more popular today than ever. According to the 2014 Social Media Industry Report from Social Media Examiner, investments in blogging by companies and marketers is actually on a significant upswing.Did you know there are over 150 million blogs online today? Did you know that 175,000 new blogs are added to the internet each day? In fact, a new blog is created nearly every half second. However, all blogs are not created equal, and even the best bloggers can publish blog posts that fall flat.If your blog posts aren't driving the results you want, then the solution might be within the posts. Authoritative Content publishers create incredibly useful content, but even the most relevant, informative, and helpful content can be boring. In fact, it can fizzle out and burn quickly if it's missing the most important elements of a powerful blog post.Neil Patel and his team at Quick Sprout put together an infographic that outlines the six steps you can take to make your blog posts more powerful by ensuring they contain some very important elements. Take a look at the inforgraphic below for all of the details.Here is a quick overview of what you need to include in your blog posts to ensure they'll help you reach your goals:
- Including images in your blog posts can increase views by up to 94%.
- Blog posts must be optimized for desktop and mobile.
- Using your unique voice in your blog posts helps you stand out from the competition.
- Connecting with others via social media should be an integrated part of your blogging strategy.
- Try to include a call to action that keeps the reader engaged.
- Don't be afraid to stick your neck out and go against the status quo in your blog posts.
Here is the infographic with all of the details and statistics:
Courtesy of: Quick SproutYou can learn more about how to create a powerful blog post right here on the Newstex blog: Secrets of a Killer Blog Post in 4 Infographics.What are your tips for creating a powerful blog post? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.Image: Annie Mole licensed CC BY 2.0