Table of Contents
I keep sharing cool infographics here on the Newstex blog, and then another one that's even cooler gets released! Yesterday, the team at Infographiclabs published a new infographic that shows the history of online video visually, and it's very enlightening.Think about how fast online video has grown in popularity - both in terms of the number of people who watch online video content and the number of people who publish online video content. Many of the publishers who syndicate their authoritative content through Newstex also produce great video content, and I think the history of online video will be particularly interesting to those publishers.A few things that stand out to me include:
- 69% of Internet users watch or download online video.
- People between the ages of 18-29 watch the most online video.
- The most popular type of online video content is comedy.
- YouTube gets nearly 6 times more traffic than the next largest video site, Metacafe.
- 50% of online video publishers never put restrictions on their videos related to who can watch or share them.
- Most people who upload video content to video sharing sites are publishing home videos.
- More men watch online video content than women.
Take a look at the infographic below. What stands out to you? How do you think this infographic will change if it's reproduced 5 years from now? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.