Table of Contents
comScore has released its monthly report about online video viewing in the United States, and the results show that online video continues to be extremely popular and growing.According to comScore, May 2010 online video viewing delivered the following statistics:
- U.S. Internet users viewed nearly 34 billion online videos in May 2010.
- Google sites (including YouTube.com) received by far the most online video views with 14.6 billion videos viewed. That's a 43.1% market share! The next closest site was Hulu.com with 1.2 billion videos viewed or a 3.5% market share. That's a huge gap between the market leader and everyone else!
- Nearly 183 million people viewed online videos.
- The average number of videos viewed per person was 186.
- For YouTube alone, 144.1 million viewers watched 14.6 billion videos for an average of 101.2 videos per person.
- The average online video viewed was 4.3 minutes.
- 84.8% of the U.S. Internet audience viewed online video in May 2010.
Check out the chart below to see the top online video sites in May 2010 according to the comScore report.
Are you using online video to establish your reputation as an authoritative source? Check out some of the online video publishers who are already syndicating their authoritative content through Newstex, and contact us to learn how you can syndicate your content to boost your exposure and earn some money, too.