Table of Contents
From May 9-10, 2012, Content VIA Platforms, a new conference that's being called the "essential event for content creators," will be held at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, California. This new event from the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) will address the new demands of publishing across multiple platforms.The goal of the conference is to provide publishing, media, and information companies with the resources they need to overcome the challenges of getting content published and distributed in real-time across varied channels. These channels are both traditional and emerging, such as mobile, social, and aggregation platforms, and more.Attendees will hear panels and presentations focused on delivering both tools and insights that will enable them use a variety of platforms, develop monetization strategies, and evaluate devices and app distribution models.The Content VIA Platforms conference will feature a variety of mobile, publishing, and technology experts as well as key individuals from the information industry, including keynote addresses and case studies from:
- Burt Herman, Co-founder, Storify - Audience Engagement 3.0
- Charlene Li, Founder, Altimeter Group - Platforms from the Customers Perspective
- Chris Silva, Mobile Industry Analyst, Altimeter Group - Beyond The Page: The Sentient World and a New Layer of Content
- Kara Swisher, Co-Producer, D: All Things Digital, Co-Executive Editor, AllThingsD.com, The Wall Street Journal
- Dan Bennett, VP of Technology, Thomson Reuters - Going Native: When and Why Should You Use Native Apps vs HTML5?
- Brian Alvey, CEO, Crowd Fusion - A Seat at the Table: Crowd Fusion
Attendees will also have opportunities to make key connections during scheduled speed networking sessions and have some fun during a unique "Social VIA" event where presenters share their personal or professional passions in five minute entertaining show and tells. After the presentations, the audience will vote for their favorite, and the winner will win the Social VIA crown!You can follow the link to view the complete schedule and to register for Content VIA Platforms. To take advantage of the best rates, register by April 9, 2012.Newstex President Larry Schwartz is on the Steering Committee for the Content VIA Platforms event, and Newstex will be in attendance at the event. We hope to see you in San Francisco, too!