Table of Contents
Entries for the 2012 SIIA Previews is now open. If you're looking for growth capital, strategic partnerships or an exit strategy, you can apply to present before an audience of prospective partners, customers, investors, acquirers and other deal-makers at the 11th annual Information Industry Summit, January 24-25, 2012, in New York City. New for the 2012 SIIA Previews is the MobileApps Previews for mobile application developers (details are included later in this article).The Information Industry Summit audience includes 300 C-level and VP-level executives from the industry's leading information and content technology companies, as well as the bankers, analysts, bloggers and press who support the industry.
SIIA Previews Application and Benefits
The Summit's Previews sessions showcase innovative B2B content companies – publishers, content aggregators, and technology plays -- with under $10M in revenue. A panel of judges will select from the submitted applications and each chosen company will provide a 5-minute presentation followed by a 5-minute question and answer session at the 2012 SIIA Information Industry Summit. Previous SIIA Previews presenters have included:
- Jigsaw: purchased by salesforce.com
- Associated Content: closed $6 Million in Series C Funding
- FeeDisclosure: purchased by Bankrate
- Generate, Inc: purchased by Dow Jones
- Keibi Technologies: purchased by Lithium Technologies
There is no fee to apply, but the deadline is coming up on November 18. You can access the application here. Specifically, chosen companies get the following benefits:
- The company CEO will provide a 5-minute presentation followed by 5-minutes of Q&A.
- The company gets a table-top exhibit display for 30-minutes during the conference break following its presentation so they can speak directly with prospective partners and investors.
- The company will be promoted on the Information Industry Summit conference website and in the Summit program.
- The company gets an invaluable 20-minute feedback session with the steering committee.
All SIIA Previews application submissions must be made from companies that provide content or content technology products or services, have received no more than a Series A round of financing, generate no more than $10 million in sales, and have actual customers. Those selected for participation will be notified by December 9 and a participation fee of $850 must be paid by December 12.The judges for the 2011 SIIA Previews are:
- Larry Schwartz, President, Newstex (Previews Chair)
- Ed Keating, VP Content Division, SIIA
- Teri Mendelsohn, President, Mendelsohn Consulting
- Randy Marcinko, CEO, MEI
MobileApp Previews - New for 2012 SIIA Previews
For the first time, the 2012 SIIA Previews will include a separate application process for companies with mobile apps. MobileApp Previews highlights exciting apps for the content and content-related industry, including news, finance, reference, and publishing. Selected participants will provide 5-minute demos of their apps in front of an audience of industry leaders, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A. Presenting companies will also receive promotion on the Information Industry Summit conference website and a 20-minute feedback session with the selection committee.To qualify, your company must have an iOS app (iPad, iPhone or itouch) that has been approved and is available in the Apple App store at the time of your application or will be available by January 1, 2012. MobileApp Previews applications are due December 16 and selected presenters will be notified by January 2. You can apply here. If you are selected, you must confirm your participation by registering to attend the Information Industry Summit by January 6.Again, the SIIA Previews application is here and the SIIA MobileApp Previews application is here. Good luck!