Table of Contents
Do you use Twitter and Facebook to publish original content or to promote your blog, video, or other online content? If you answered yes, then you should check out the infographic from KISSmetrics shown below which provides some insight into the best times to publish on Twitter and Facebook to get maximum exposure.Here are some highlights of the data provided which should help you time your tweets and Facebook updates:
- 48% of the U.S. population is in the Eastern time zone and 33% is in the Central time zone. That means 81% of the entire U.S. population is in the Eastern and Central time zones.
- Most retweets occur at approximately 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Twitter click through rates peak at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time and again at 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Tweeting between 1-4 times per hour drives the highest click through rates.
- The highest Twitter click through rates are typically seen on Wednesdays, Sundays, and Saturdays.
- Most Facebook sharing occurs on Saturday.
- Facebook shares spike at 12:00 p.m. Eastern time and again at 7:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- 1 Facebook post every 2 days drives the most likes.
Click the image below to view the full size infographic at its source.
Will you change your Twitter and Facebook habits to leverage the findings presented in this infographic? Leave a comment and share your thoughts on the best times to post to Twitter and Facebook.